Our quality is your success
The spiral-wound gasket is one of the most required metal/ soft-material gaskets. It consists of alternating metal coils and a soft, non-metallic filling. The inner and outer coils are made of metal to strengthen the spiral at the inner and outer diameter.
The spiral-wound gasket is ideal for applications with high pressure and temperature requirements. The application in pipelines and apparatus has been proven successful for many decades in the chemical and petrochemical industries, in oil and gas extraction and the transport industries as well as in valves and pumps. Due to the V-shape of the metallic winding tape, the spiral-wound gasket is the only gasket with significant resilience, even after long periods of operation.
- without inner and outer ring: type MMD-SWG for flanges with tongue/ groove or as force shunt seal
- with centering ring (CR): type MMD-SWG-CR-C/O according to EN 1514-2 and EN 12560-2 (Application not recommended; it is better to use an inner support ring)
- with inner ring (IR) or support ring: type MMD- SWG-IR, for male/ female flanges
- with inner ring and centering ring: type MMD-SWG-CR-C/I according to EN 1514-2 and EN 12560-2 for smooth flanges or flanges with sealing strips
- Graphite – from -200°C to 500°C
- PTFE – from -200°C to 230°C
- Mica - from -40°C to 900°C
- Ceramics – from -40°C to 1000°C
Download file: Spiral-Wound Gaskets
Do you have any questions?
Do you have questions about the process or do you have an individual production inquiry?
Write us a message and you will shortly receive a suitable solution for your Problem!